2018-04-23

Nagahama Neru blog: Handshake event, eating crepes with my mother

Well-organized, 285

Nagahama Neru
2018/04/23


Good evening!

Yesterday and today were handshake events!!
Thank you very much
To everyone who came.

In this wide world,
Thank you for coming
To meet Keyakizaka.

I was at a peak of tension, knowing I wanted to do my best
As I met all of you. 





Neru and her close friend Saitou Fuyuka



And thank you very much
For reading the blog now  



This is something I just suddenly thought of...

On the first day I came up to Tokyo
I ate galettes with my mother.

In the unknown world known as "Tokyo"
We kept saying: I feel hungry
As the the two of us wandered around Shinjuku.



We somehow went into a rather chic-looking cafe
And I ate galettes for the first time in my life.

They were unbelievably tasty!!
What is this!! Delicious!!
We were really impressed.


I never forgot that flavour,
And recently I went alone to eat there.

They were delicious, as I imagined,
But not as tasty as they were that day.

I had the same flavour I remember having that day
But I think they had a special taste
That day I ate them with Mother.

That's what I thought of.


Do all of you have tastes you remember? 


Sasaki Kumi, Neru


Bathroom Kumi-chan


Thank you for reading.

Nagahama Neru
________________________________________________________
posted 180423  01:49h

Galettes are a kind of French pancake, crusty and a bit thicker than thin crepes, and normally made with buckwheat flour.

This scene is so touching: Neru, on her first day in Tokyo, wandering around Shinjuku with her mother, finding places to eat. One can't help remembering that it was Neru's mother who refused to let her take the final audition and forced her to go back to Nagasaki and abandon her goal of becoming an idol. 

But after Keyaki management had convinced Neru's parents to let her join, there's her mother with her in Tokyo, strengthening their relationship as they are about to be pulled apart. One has the sense now that Neru is actually an adult, with her own life, under her own control, and that her parents have become reconciled to her surprising choice and her amazing success.

I'm not sure why Neru captions the last pic "bathroom Kumi-chan." I don't see a hand-position exactly like that in the MV of Bathroom Travel. Maybe the pic was taken in the bathroom at Makuhari on the weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment