2017-06-18

Nagahama Neru blog: Baby's Breath and a bass guitar

Description,  212

Nagahama Neru
2017.06.19


Good evening.

The flower I like best is Kasumi-sou.
Its English name is apparently "Baby's Breath" ~

So sweet ( *˙-˙* )

Recently, I've been charmed by blue flowers.
Violets and such...

Somehow,  I've come to like blue.
Recently I bought a bright lapis-lazuli-colour dress.

Tastes change, don't they....


Oh, yes,
In the episode of Keyakitte Kakenai that was broadcast yesterday,
I got a bass guitar from Sawabe-san!

I've been practicing to great applause!!




What songs I'm playing is a secret...
I've just begun to touch it
So please wait patiently.

But receiving it made me extremely happy!
Thank you very much!

I've been watching a special program of bass playing
By KenKen, Hama Okamoto, and Negishi Takamune
Over and over again.
I get so excited.

I'm going for it o( ˆ‐ˆ )o


There's a SHOWROOM broadcast today, starting at 9 pm.
Please be sure to watch it.

Thank you very much for reading.

Nagahama Neru
___________________________________________ 170619  12:18noon


The bass players Neru is enjoying and trying to learn from are KenKen, Hama Okamoto ハマ・オカモト, and Negishi Takamune 根岸孝旨. This YouTube page has videos by all of them.

The lovely, enthusiastic picture of Neru above reminds me visually of a Tarot card: The Fool. On the good side, The Fool symbolizes great ability, limitless possibilities, and the beginning of something. 

But on the bad side, The Fool can rush off enthusiastically and get into trouble. You can see that his next step in the picture is off a cliff. But the fool is a powerful card, and Neru is a powerful person.

We know that Neru has great ability and limitless possibilities. And we also know that she was willing to take a step into an unknown future when she went off to Tokyo to become an idol. And that she was willing to put being an idol first and decide not to go straight on to college after graduating from high school. She is perfectly willing to take chances in pursuit of her goals.

I've got to say that I find this side of her very attractive, even admirable. And these days I see Neru getting better and more confident at everything she does.

And here's what Baby's Breath / Kasumi-sou looks like:


By the way, I know that "practicing to great applause" sounds odd in English, but it comes from a cliché expression used in advertising magazines, movies, etc., in Japan. One says something "has been published to great applause," perhaps whether or not people really did like and applaud it.

No comments:

Post a Comment